Articles on this Page
- 01/19/17--10:38: _Satan: A new ransom...
- 01/20/17--05:30: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 01/25/17--09:15: _How F5 is Changing ...
- 01/27/17--10:22: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 02/01/17--16:14: _Webroot Attends RSA...
- 02/03/17--14:21: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 02/06/17--05:00: _Increasing Profits ...
- 02/08/17--05:30: _What’s new from Web...
- 02/10/17--05:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 02/14/17--05:30: _Introducing Webroot...
- 02/15/17--11:03: _How a Smart City St...
- 02/16/17--18:26: _Webroot wins SC Awa...
- 02/17/17--05:30: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 02/24/17--10:42: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 02/21/17--23:12: _David Dufour talks ...
- 03/02/17--15:55: _Top 5 Tax Season Scams
- 03/02/17--22:37: _Behind the Scenes w...
- 03/03/17--08:30: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 03/06/17--10:26: _Integration Holds t...
- 03/07/17--15:16: _Employment scams ta...
- 01/19/17--10:38: Satan: A new ransomware-as-a-service
- 01/20/17--05:30: Cyber News Rundown: Edition 1/19/17
- 01/25/17--09:15: How F5 is Changing the Application Security Game
- 01/27/17--10:22: Cyber News Rundown: Edition 1/27/17
- 02/01/17--16:14: Webroot Attends RSAC 2017
- 02/03/17--14:21: Cyber News Rundown: Edition 2/3/17
- 02/06/17--05:00: Increasing Profits by Moving to the MSP Model
- 02/08/17--05:30: What’s new from Webroot in early 2017?
- 02/10/17--05:00: Cyber News Rundown: Edition 2/10/17
- 02/14/17--05:30: Introducing Webroot BrightCloud® Streaming Malware Detection
- 02/15/17--11:03: How a Smart City Stays Safe
- 02/16/17--18:26: Webroot wins SC Award for Best Customer Service
- 02/17/17--05:30: Cyber News Rundown: Edition 2/17/2017
- 02/24/17--10:42: Cyber News Rundown: Edition 2/24/2017
- 02/21/17--23:12: David Dufour talks about the hype and reality at RSA 2017
- 03/02/17--15:55: Top 5 Tax Season Scams
- 03/02/17--22:37: Behind the Scenes with Ransomware
- 03/03/17--08:30: Cyber News Rundown: Edition 3/3/17
- 03/06/17--10:26: Integration Holds the Keys to the Castle
- 03/07/17--15:16: Employment scams target recent college grads
Ransomware as a Service (RaaS) has been growing steadily since it made its debut in 2015 with Tox. With the new Satan service, it’s easier than ever. The idea is to use this...read more
MongoDB Hacks Spreading Fast In the past few weeks, researchers have been monitoring the steady rise of hacked MongoDB installations, now surpassing over 28,000 individual systems. While the attacks started with ransoming back...read more
To address the need for application security in the digital transformation era, F5 is releasing a new host of products and services. “The digital transformation has really changed security as a whole,” says...read more
Major Dark Web Marketplace Hacked Recently, a hacker using the alias cypher0007 reached out to AtlasBay, a large dark web market, with information on two significant vulnerabilities that allowed him to access over...read more
Twitter is buzzing with chatter about the RSA Conference 2017 (RSAC). Attendees, vendors, and speakers alike are anxiously awaiting the opportunity to discuss information security and the latest technology at the largest security...read more
Hotel Doors Locked By Ransomware A prestigious hotel in Austria was the target of a ransomware attack that left their electronic door locking systems inoperable for several hours. The hack only stopped hotel...read more
The benefits of adopting the managed service provider (MSP) business model are compelling. After all, predictable, recurring revenue; deeper engagement with clients; and a trusted advisor relationship that generates further business opportunities all...read more
Throughout 2016, many of the attacks and risks in the world of cybercrime followed “analog” crime: holding something for ransom/extortion, propaganda, theft, and identity scams. You might expect a cybersecurity vendor to see...read more
Macros Turn Focus Towards MacOS Researchers have discovered a trend of malicious Microsoft Word documents for MacOS that behave similar to Windows macro infections. The culprits download and execute a malicious payload to...read more
We’re not telling you anything new when we say that malware continues to pose a major challenge for businesses of all sizes. Polymorphism, in particular, is especially dangerous. Polymorphic executables constantly mutate without...read more
The post Introducing Webroot BrightCloud® Streaming Malware Detection appeared first on Webroot Threat Blog.
The City of San Diego is the 8th largest city in the US and has over 12,000 employees, numerous vendor partnerships, as well as a vast array of diverse systems and devices to protect....read more
Successful companies stand on the shoulders of great customer service. At Webroot, we aim to consistently be the best, and to do so, we rely heavily on our highly skilled, globally-based technical support...read more
Outerwear Online Retailer Hit with Cyber Attack Columbia Sportswear announced that they were in the midst of investigating a cyberattack on one of its subsidiary retail sites, prAna, a brand that was acquired...read more
Emergency Services Lines DDoS’d in Texas Officials have sentenced a cybercriminal who manipulated a bug via the Twitter app to continuously dial 911, which spread to several hundred individuals across multiple states. By...read more
Chatting with David Dufour, senior director of engineering, Webroot, is always interesting. Quite frankly, so is pinning him down for a short Q+A about his experience at RSA 2017. One thing I could...read more
The post David Dufour talks about the hype and reality at RSA 2017 appeared first on Webroot Threat Blog.
During tax season most of us are probably still dreading the moment we have to quit procrastinating, buckle down, and file our income taxes. Coincidentally, it’s also a time that cybercriminals are working...read more
Locky (.osiris) O Locky, Locky! Wherefore art thou, Locky? Alas, could Locky be no more? At the beginning of 2017, data from the field suggested potential Locky infections had decreased dramatically, so we...read more
The Cyber News Rundown brings you the latest happenings in cyber news weekly. Who am I? I’m Connor Madsen, a Webroot Threat Research Analyst, and a guy with a passion for all things...read more
Talks of integration are often met with audible sighs of displeasure. It’s a lot of work. You have to combine various platforms, software, and the list goes on. At Webroot, we decided to...read more
As if the job market isn’t hard enough to break into, rising seniors and recent college graduates are employment scam targets. In January, the FBI issued a warning that employment scams targeting college...read more