- RSS Channel Showcase 6548435
- RSS Channel Showcase 8447699
- RSS Channel Showcase 9302346
- RSS Channel Showcase 5906202
Articles on this Page
- 06/08/18--07:40: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 06/12/18--12:39: _3 MSP Best Practice...
- 06/15/18--10:02: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 06/22/18--06:48: _Parsing the Distinc...
- 06/25/18--06:00: _Social Media Malwar...
- 06/29/18--08:30: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 07/06/18--00:30: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 07/10/18--06:00: _3 Cyber Threats IT ...
- 07/13/18--12:26: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 07/17/18--04:00: _Get to know Cathy O...
- 06/08/18--07:40: Cyber News Rundown: MyHeritage Breached
- 06/12/18--12:39: 3 MSP Best Practices for Protecting Users
- 06/15/18--10:02: Cyber News Rundown: Apple Bans Crypto Mining Apps
- 06/22/18--06:48: Parsing the Distinction Between AI & Machine Learning
- 06/25/18--06:00: Social Media Malware is Deviant, Destructive
- 06/29/18--08:30: Cyber News Rundown: Weaponized USB Drives
- 07/06/18--00:30: Cyber News Rundown: Adidas US customers’ personal information stolen
- 07/10/18--06:00: 3 Cyber Threats IT Providers Should Protect Against
- 07/13/18--12:26: Cyber News Rundown: Ticketmaster Hack Reveals Mega Breach
- 07/17/18--04:00: Get to know Cathy Ondrak, Product Owner
Reading Time: ~2 min.The Cyber News Rundown brings you the latest happenings in cybersecurity news weekly. Who am I? I’m Connor Madsen, a Webroot Threat Research Analyst and a guy with a passion for all things security. Any questions? Just ask. 92 Million Genealogy Site Accounts Compromised Earlier this week, genealogy and DNA testing site MyHeritage revealed it […]
Reading Time: ~3 min.Cyberattacks are on the rise, with UK firms being hit, on average, by over 230,000 attacksin 2017. Managed service providers (MSPs) need to make security a priority in 2018, or they will risk souring their relationships with clients. By following 3 simple MSP best practices consisting of user education, backup and recovery, and patch management, […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Apple Bans All Cryptocurrency Mining Apps from App Store Apple has made several policy changes over the last few days that will effectively ban all cryptocurrency mining features from apps in the App Store. This change comes not long after Apple removed an app called Calender 2, which silently began background mining for Monero but […]
Reading Time: ~4 min.I had the privilege of giving a keynote on one of my favorite topics, busting myths around artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), during DattoCon 2018 this week. Webroot has been doing machine learning for more than a decade and consider this aspect one of our key differentiators for our solutions. However, for many […]
The post Parsing the Distinction Between AI & Machine Learning appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~4 min.We’ve seen some tricky techniques used by cybercriminals to distribute malware through social media. One common threat begins with a previously compromised Facebook account sending deceptive messages that contain SVG image attachments via Facebook Messenger. (The SVG extention is an XML-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics with support for interactivity and animation.) Cybercriminals prefer […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Weaponized USB Drives Targeting Japan and South Korea In an effort to target air-gapped internal systems, a new wave of weaponized USB drives has been found throughout Japanese and South Korean organizations. While these attacks are relatively uncommon, that only heightens the threat as most companies are ill-prepared for such an attack and have created […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Canadian college breach targets thousands Last Friday, Algonquin College officials announced that an earlier data breachpotentially affected thousands of current and former students, as well as employees. While it is still unclear exactly what systems were affected, the officials have been working to contact all potential victims and inform them of the situation. What’s more […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: Adidas US customers’ personal information stolen appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~3 min.With cybercrime damages set to cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021, a new bar has been set for cybersecurity teams across industries to defend their assets. This rings especially true for IT service providers, who are entrusted to keep their clients’ systems and IT environments safe from cybercriminals. These clients are typically small […]
The post 3 Cyber Threats IT Providers Should Protect Against appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~2 min.Ticketmaster Snafu Only Tip of the Iceberg After last month’s Ticketmaster breach, a follow-up investigation found it to be part of a larger payment card compromising campaign affecting more than 800 online retail sites worldwide. The cause of the breach appears to stem from the third-party breaches of several Ticketmaster suppliers, which allowed hackers to […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: Ticketmaster Hack Reveals Mega Breach appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~3 min.While one-click shopping on Amazon (or Webroot.com, for that matter) seems super easy when you’re the consumer, there are a lot of complex strategies and processes going on behind the scenes. We chat with Cathy Ondrak, product owner for Webroot.com, to get a glimpse behind the curtain. In her role, Cathy works with developers, business […]