- RSS Channel Showcase 4971792
- RSS Channel Showcase 1995568
- RSS Channel Showcase 5097109
- RSS Channel Showcase 7374329
Articles on this Page
- 11/09/18--09:04: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 11/15/18--05:00: _Cyber Monday: Big S...
- 11/16/18--07:42: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 11/21/18--05:00: _How to Keep Your Ki...
- 11/26/18--07:46: _Charity Scams to Wa...
- 11/27/18--13:54: _What’s Next? Webroo...
- 11/30/18--05:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 12/07/18--08:34: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 12/13/18--05:00: _What Separates Webr...
- 12/14/18--05:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 11/09/18--09:04: Cyber News Rundown: HSBC Data Breach
- 11/15/18--05:00: Cyber Monday: Big Savings, Big Risks
- 11/16/18--07:42: Cyber News Rundown: Infowars Hacked by Card Skimmers
- 11/21/18--05:00: How to Keep Your Kids Safe Online
- 11/26/18--07:46: Charity Scams to Watch Out for During the Holidays
- 11/27/18--13:54: What’s Next? Webroot’s 2019 Cybersecurity Predictions
- 11/30/18--05:00: Cyber News Rundown: USPS Exposes Personal Data
- 12/07/18--08:34: Cyber News Rundown: WeChat Ransomware
- 12/13/18--05:00: What Separates Webroot WiFi Security from Other VPNs?
- 12/14/18--05:00: Cyber News Rundown: Android Trojan Steals Credentials
Reading Time: ~2 min.Data Breach Nabs HSBC Account Info HSBC has been monitoring some unauthorized access occurring over a ten-day period on their customer’s online accounts. During this time, attackers used credentials that were likely part of prior breaches to access numerous accounts. HSBC worked quickly to disable online access to any accounts that showed suspicious activity. The […]
Reading Time: ~3 min.What business owners and MSPs should know about the year’s biggest online retail holiday It’s no secret that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are marked by an uptick in online shopping. Cyber Monday 2017 marked the single largest day of online sales to date, with reported sales figures upwards of $6.5 billion. Data from Webroot […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Infowars Online Site Compromised by MageCart Attack Earlier this week, a security researcher found payment card-stealing scripts running on the Infowars online site. The scripts managed to stay active for nearly 24 hours. At least 1,600 users of the site may have been affected during this period, though many were returning customers who wouldn’t have […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: Infowars Hacked by Card Skimmers appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~4 min.As digital natives become more immersed in and dependent upon technology, they are likely to experience “cyber fatigue,” which can be thought of cybersecurity complacency. Paired with the invincible feeling that often accompanies being young, this can be a dangerous combination. It’s easy to mistakenly believe that hacked devices and identity theft are things that […]
Reading Time: ~5 min.‘Tis the season of giving, which means scammers may try to take advantage of your good will. A surprising fact about American donation habits is that everyday folks like yourself are the single largest driver of charitable donations in the United States. Giving USA’s Annual Report on Philanthropy found that individuals gave $286.65 billion in […]
The post Charity Scams to Watch Out for During the Holidays appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~4 min.At Webroot, we stay ahead of cybersecurity trends in order to keep our customers up-to-date and secure. As the end of the year approaches, our team of experts has gathered their top cybersecurity predictions for 2019. What threats and changes should you brace for? General Data Protection Regulation Penalties “A large US-based tech company will […]
The post What’s Next? Webroot’s 2019 Cybersecurity Predictions appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~2 min.USPS Website Leaves Personal Data Available to Anyone Within the last week, The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) has been working to resolve a vulnerability that allowed any authenticated user to view and modify the personal information for any of the other 60 million users. Fortunately, USPS was quick to fix the vulnerability before any detectable […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Touch ID Used to Scam Apple Users Two apps were recently removed from the Apple App Store after several users reported being charged large sums of money after installing the app and scanning their fingerprint. Both apps were fitness-related and had users scan their fingerprint immediately so they could monitor calories or track fitness progress. But […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are quickly becoming a fundamental necessity for staying safe online. From large corporations to family households, people are turning to VPNs to ensure their data is encrypted end to end. But as with any emerging technology, it’s easy to become overwhelmed with new and untested VPN options. So, how does Webroot® […]
The post What Separates Webroot WiFi Security from Other VPNs? appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~2 min.Clemson Supercomputer Susceptible to Cryptojacking IT staff at Clemson University have been working to remove the recent introduction of a cryptominer on its supercomputer, known as Palmetto. As they compromised the system for the mining of Monero, the attackers’ ploy was only spotted due to spikes in computing power and rising operating costs for the supercomputer, […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: Android Trojan Steals Credentials appeared first on Webroot Blog.