- RSS Channel Showcase 9085570
- RSS Channel Showcase 1856075
- RSS Channel Showcase 7160424
- RSS Channel Showcase 6532345
Articles on this Page
- 10/12/18--09:30: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 10/17/18--00:00: _Webroot WiFi Securi...
- 10/18/18--05:00: _Responding to Risk ...
- 10/19/18--07:32: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 10/25/18--09:01: _5 Tips for Optimizi...
- 10/26/18--11:42: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 11/02/18--00:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 11/05/18--05:00: _Password Constraint...
- 11/08/18--05:00: _Reducing Risk with ...
- 11/09/18--09:04: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 10/12/18--09:30: Cyber News Rundown: Windows 10 Update Deletes Files
- 10/18/18--05:00: Responding to Risk in an Evolving Threat Landscape
- 10/19/18--07:32: Cyber News Rundown: Voter Records for Sale
- 10/25/18--09:01: 5 Tips for Optimizing Your VPN Experience
- 10/26/18--11:42: Cyber News Rundown: Medicare Data Breach
- 11/02/18--00:00: Cyber News Rundown: DemonBot Rising
- 11/05/18--05:00: Password Constraints and Their Unintended Security Consequences
- 11/08/18--05:00: Reducing Risk with Ongoing Cybersecurity Awareness Training
- 11/09/18--09:04: Cyber News Rundown: HSBC Data Breach
Reading Time: ~2 min.Latest Windows 10 Update Removes User Files Microsoft recently pulled its latest update, version 1809, after several users complained about personal files being deleted. While some users were able to use third-party software to retrieve deleted files, users whose files wnet missing from the Documents folder are having a much trickier time without restoring from […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: Windows 10 Update Deletes Files appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~3 min.For the past 20 years, Webroot’s technology has been driven by our dedication to protecting users from malware, viruses, and other online threats. The release of Webroot® WiFi Security—a new virtual private network (VPN) app for phones, computers, and tablets—is the next step in fulfilling our commitment to protect everyone’s right to be secure in […]
The post Webroot WiFi Security: Expanding Our Commitment to Security & Privacy appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~3 min.There’s a reason major industry players have been discussing cybersecurity more and more: the stakes are at an all-time high for virtually every business today. Cybersecurity is not a matter businesses can afford to push off or misunderstand—especially small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), which have emerged as prime targets for cyberattacks. The risk level for […]
The post Responding to Risk in an Evolving Threat Landscape appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~2 min.2018 Voter Records for Sale As the United States midterm elections draw closer, concern surrounding voter information is on the rise, and for good reason. Records for nearly 35 million registered voters from 19 different states were found for sale on a hacker forum, with prices ranging from $500 to $12,500, depending on the state. […]
Reading Time: ~3 min.By now, you likely know that a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is essential to remaining safe when working remotely. But, once set up, how can you optimize your VPN to work well with your devices and meet your security needs? Here are our top five tips for maximizing your VPN experience. Pair it with an […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Data Breach Affects Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced last week they had discovered malicious activity within their direct enrollment pathway, which connects patients and healthcare brokers. At least 75,000 individuals were affected. The pathway has since been disabled to prevent further exposure. Until the pathway […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.DemonBot Botnet Gaining Traction DemonBot, while not the most sophisticated botnet discovered to date, has seen a significant rise in usage over the last week. With the ability to take control of Hadoop cloud frameworks, DemonBot has been using the platform to carry out DDoS attacks across the globe. By exploiting Hadoop’s resource management functionality, […]
Reading Time: ~5 min.You’re probably familiar with some of the most common requirements for creating passwords. A mix of upper and lowercase letters is a simple example. These are known as password constraints. They’re rules for how you must construct a password. If your password must be at least eight characters long, contain lower case, uppercase, numbers and […]
The post Password Constraints and Their Unintended Security Consequences appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~3 min.Threat researchers and other cybersecurity industry analysts spend much of their time trying to anticipate the next major malware strain or exploit with the potential to cause millions of dollars in damage, disrupt global commerce, or put individuals at physical risk by targeting critical infrastructure. However, a new Webroot survey of principals at 500 small […]
The post Reducing Risk with Ongoing Cybersecurity Awareness Training appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~2 min.Data Breach Nabs HSBC Account Info HSBC has been monitoring some unauthorized access occurring over a ten-day period on their customer’s online accounts. During this time, attackers used credentials that were likely part of prior breaches to access numerous accounts. HSBC worked quickly to disable online access to any accounts that showed suspicious activity. The […]