- RSS Channel Showcase 9695453
- RSS Channel Showcase 5150407
- RSS Channel Showcase 2285734
- RSS Channel Showcase 7501924
Articles on this Page
- 08/02/18--08:02: _Crime and Crypto: A...
- 08/03/18--00:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 08/06/18--07:47: _Between Two Worlds:...
- 08/10/18--04:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 08/17/18--00:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 08/24/18--00:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 08/31/18--11:14: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 09/05/18--16:45: _EICAR – The Most Co...
- 09/07/18--08:40: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 09/14/18--08:15: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 08/02/18--08:02: Crime and Crypto: An Evolution in Cyber Threats
- 08/03/18--00:00: Cyber News Rundown: Valve Bans Developer for Cryptojacking
- 08/10/18--04:00: Cyber News Rundown: WannaCry Shuts Down Taiwanese Chipmaker
- 08/17/18--00:00: Cyber News Rundown: Instagram Hack Baffles Users
- 08/24/18--00:00: Cyber News Rundown: Dark Tequila Malware
- 08/31/18--11:14: Cyber News Rundown: Texas Voter Data Leaked
- 09/05/18--16:45: EICAR – The Most Common False Positive in the World
- 09/07/18--08:40: Cyber News Rundown: Banking Trojans in Google Play
- 09/14/18--08:15: Cyber News Rundown: Big Data Mismanagement
Reading Time: ~6 min.Cybercriminals are constantly experimenting with new ways to take money from their victims. Their tactics evolve quickly to maximize returns and minimize risk. The emergence of cryptocurrency has opened up new opportunities to do just that. To better understand today’s threat landscape, it’s worth exploring the origins of cryptocurrencies and the progress cybercriminals have made […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Cryptojacking “Game” Found on Steam Store Valve has taken recent action against an indie-developed game available on Steam, the company’s game/app store, and removed their listing after many customers had complained about cryptomining slowing their systems, once launched. Additionally, the developers have been caught selling in-game items on third-party sites, that were falsely portrayed as […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: Valve Bans Developer for Cryptojacking appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~4 min.This week, I’ll be at Black Hat USA 2018 in Las Vegas. If you’ve ever been to Black Hat, then you know all about the flood of information and how hard it can be to take it all in. This year’s presentations will range from the newest trends in browser exploits, bots, and social engineering […]
The post Between Two Worlds: An Interview with Reverse Engineer Eric Klonowski appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~2 min.Chipmaker Production Halts After WannaCry Attack A recent WannaCry attack at a Taiwanese chip manufacturerhas brought production to a standstill and threatens delays for new Apple products yet to be released. The manufacturer has announced that after two days their systems are clear and production is able to continue, blaming their own negligence for the […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: WannaCry Shuts Down Taiwanese Chipmaker appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~2 min.Instagram Hack Baffles Users Hundreds of Instagram users have found themselves locked out of their accounts over the past week, with all methods of retrieving them having been removed as well. The episode began with many users noticing their accounts had been logged out and contact information changed, including email addresses with a .ru domain. […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Dark Tequila Targets Mexican Financial Organizations Over the past 5 years, one malware campaign has been plaguing the financial industries of Mexico: Dark Tequila. While many researchers have been monitoring samples for most of that time, only recently has the entire campaign come into focus, with over 30,000 unique targets in 2018 alone. Using mostly […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Texas Voters’ Data Leaked A security researcher just discovered a publicly-available file containing sensitive voting informationfor nearly 99% of all registered voters in the state of Texas. The file was compiled by a data firm that was trying to gauge political opinion for the 2016 elections, as well as more localized campaigns. With all the […]
Reading Time: ~4 min.If you saw a file called eicar.com on your computer, you might think it was malware. But, you would be wrong. Readers, if you haven’t yet met the EICAR test file, allow me to introduce you to it. If you have used the EICAR test file, let’s get a bit cozier with it. If you […]
The post EICAR – The Most Common False Positive in the World appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~2 min.Banking Trojans Still Appearing in Google Play Store Multiple security researchers recently discovered a handful of banking trojans that have still managed to make their way into the Google Play app store, despite Google having increased its security to detect such apps. Many of the apps are disguised as astrology/horoscope software, but instead of reading […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: Banking Trojans in Google Play appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~2 min.Massive Customer Database Left Exposed by Data Management Firm A security researcher recently found a database containing customer information for nearly half a billion users of Veeam software on an unsecured AWS server. Most of the data was contact information spanning from 2013 to 2017 and was likely used by the Veeam marketing team’s automated […]