- RSS Channel Showcase 6788769
- RSS Channel Showcase 4823160
- RSS Channel Showcase 2020353
- RSS Channel Showcase 5318636
Articles on this Page
- 07/13/18--12:26: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 07/17/18--04:00: _Get to know Cathy O...
- 07/20/18--00:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 07/25/18--05:00: _6 Steps to Build an...
- 07/27/18--00:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 08/02/18--08:02: _Crime and Crypto: A...
- 08/03/18--00:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 08/06/18--07:47: _Between Two Worlds:...
- 08/10/18--04:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 08/17/18--00:00: _Cyber News Rundown:...
- 07/13/18--12:26: Cyber News Rundown: Ticketmaster Hack Reveals Mega Breach
- 07/17/18--04:00: Get to know Cathy Ondrak, Product Owner
- 07/20/18--00:00: Cyber News Rundown: Venmo Setting Airs Dirty Laundry
- 07/25/18--05:00: 6 Steps to Build an Incident Response Plan
- 07/27/18--00:00: Cyber News Rundown: Bluetooth Man-in-the-Middle
- 08/02/18--08:02: Crime and Crypto: An Evolution in Cyber Threats
- 08/03/18--00:00: Cyber News Rundown: Valve Bans Developer for Cryptojacking
- 08/10/18--04:00: Cyber News Rundown: WannaCry Shuts Down Taiwanese Chipmaker
- 08/17/18--00:00: Cyber News Rundown: Instagram Hack Baffles Users
Reading Time: ~2 min.Ticketmaster Snafu Only Tip of the Iceberg After last month’s Ticketmaster breach, a follow-up investigation found it to be part of a larger payment card compromising campaign affecting more than 800 online retail sites worldwide. The cause of the breach appears to stem from the third-party breaches of several Ticketmaster suppliers, which allowed hackers to […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: Ticketmaster Hack Reveals Mega Breach appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~3 min.While one-click shopping on Amazon (or Webroot.com, for that matter) seems super easy when you’re the consumer, there are a lot of complex strategies and processes going on behind the scenes. We chat with Cathy Ondrak, product owner for Webroot.com, to get a glimpse behind the curtain. In her role, Cathy works with developers, business […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Venmo’s Public Data Setting Shows All Researchers recently uncovered just how much data is available through the Venmo API, successfully tracking routines, high-volume transactions from vendors, and even monitoring relationships. Because Venmo’s privacy settings are set to public by default, many users have unknowingly contributed to the immense collection of user data available for all […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: Venmo Setting Airs Dirty Laundry appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~4 min.According to the Identity Theft Research Center, 2017 saw 1,579 data breaches—a record high, and an almost 45 percent increase from the previous year. Like many IT service providers, you’re probably getting desensitized to statistics like this. But you still have to face facts: organizations will experience a security incident sooner or later. What’s important […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Paired Bluetooth Devices Vulnerable to Man-in-the-Middle Attacks A new vulnerability has been discovered that would allow an attacker to easily view the traffic sent between two Bluetooth-paired devices. The core of the vulnerability relies on the attacker’s device being within wireless range of both devices in the process of being paired. Signals from each device […]
Reading Time: ~6 min.Cybercriminals are constantly experimenting with new ways to take money from their victims. Their tactics evolve quickly to maximize returns and minimize risk. The emergence of cryptocurrency has opened up new opportunities to do just that. To better understand today’s threat landscape, it’s worth exploring the origins of cryptocurrencies and the progress cybercriminals have made […]
Reading Time: ~2 min.Cryptojacking “Game” Found on Steam Store Valve has taken recent action against an indie-developed game available on Steam, the company’s game/app store, and removed their listing after many customers had complained about cryptomining slowing their systems, once launched. Additionally, the developers have been caught selling in-game items on third-party sites, that were falsely portrayed as […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: Valve Bans Developer for Cryptojacking appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~4 min.This week, I’ll be at Black Hat USA 2018 in Las Vegas. If you’ve ever been to Black Hat, then you know all about the flood of information and how hard it can be to take it all in. This year’s presentations will range from the newest trends in browser exploits, bots, and social engineering […]
The post Between Two Worlds: An Interview with Reverse Engineer Eric Klonowski appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~2 min.Chipmaker Production Halts After WannaCry Attack A recent WannaCry attack at a Taiwanese chip manufacturerhas brought production to a standstill and threatens delays for new Apple products yet to be released. The manufacturer has announced that after two days their systems are clear and production is able to continue, blaming their own negligence for the […]
The post Cyber News Rundown: WannaCry Shuts Down Taiwanese Chipmaker appeared first on Webroot Blog.
Reading Time: ~2 min.Instagram Hack Baffles Users Hundreds of Instagram users have found themselves locked out of their accounts over the past week, with all methods of retrieving them having been removed as well. The episode began with many users noticing their accounts had been logged out and contact information changed, including email addresses with a .ru domain. […]